Welcome! This is a professional, non-commercial web site intended for parents, educators, adults with relationship problems that result from stress-related disorders like depression and anxiety, and also for health professionals with a working knowledge in emotional/psychological trauma.
Our goal is to help you recognize that psychological/emotional trauma is:
- common for both children and adults.
- a reaction to environmental experience that disrupts neurological development.
- characterized by ongoing emotional, health, relational and learning problems.
- healed through relational intervention that fosters new neurological function.
This definition is based on a broad spectrum of brain research and technology, and is far broader than simply addressing trauma as defined by PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
We began with a series of community sponsored conferences — “From Neurons to Neighborhoods” — which focused on cutting-edge discoveries in the fields of child development, brain research and psychological trauma.
Beyond information, this site also offers hope to:
- Adults with relational trauma
- Health care providers